14 Typical Coaching Participant Traits For Success
I have coached literally hundreds of very successful operators, executives, managers and employees.
When I think about what they all have in common, I created this list of 14 traits. How many of them do you have?
- Restaurant and Hospitality managers, executives, professionals, owners, and individual contributors working within a hospitality based organizational structure.
- Need for independent, objective, experienced Coaching on either business issues or personal style issues to enhance competence, performance, and/or image.
- Accepts feedback well, positive, negative and mixed, then willing to change behaviors and/or think about issues in a new context. I am no “yes” man – you WILL be challenged!
- Results-oriented and pragmatic.
- Has a strong desire to improve now.
- Has some idea of what they want to achieve
- Needs inspiration, not motivation.
- Wants more than the “average” entrepreneur. Can’t stand the word “average”.
- Can be honest with themselves about their strengths and weaknesses
- Can be patient enough to see outcomes.
- Can make time for the Coaching in their schedule.
- Can follow through on commitments, assignments and time lines.
- Requires assistance with specific issues and/or with short/long-term plans, or needs a sounding board to ensure the validity of current behaviors and performance.
- Needs absolutely confidential help at key times, and requires a fast response with options for action.