"The growth of your business is directly related to your own personal growth."~ Jeffrey Summers, Founder|Principal Summers Hospitality Group
How Often Do You Train?
So, how often should you train? Well, considering top athletes train almost every day between games and in the off-season, business shouldn’t be any different. Unfortunately, the reality is that employees rarely have the opportunity to participate in more than one training session a year.
Much of a manager’s training can be done in department meetings. Hold weekly team meetings and conduct hour-long training sessions once or twice a month. This way there is consistent month-in and month-out effort to help employees learn and grow. Topics can relate to company products, company procedures, technology or interpersonal skills like teamwork or customer service. Beyond this do a few 1-2 events during the year. You will catapult your team’s energy and results on the job.
One of the keys to employee motivation is ongoing development and growth. Managers that become effective trainers can help their employees achieve self-motivation and self-direction. This leads to improved performance. Various studies by the American Society for Training and Development suggest that companies with more consistent training outperform others by over 20%. This is reason enough to train your team consistently.
Sometimes, the easiest and most cost-effective way to help a group or team gain a fresh perspective, upgrade its overall operational or business capabilities (or just add value to a meeting, retreat, conference or corporate event) is by organizing a workshop. Workshops give attendees the opportunity to learn in a professional but informal setting where they can feel free to ask questions, benefit from each other’s experiences and insights, and learn new skills at an accelerated pace. The most important thing about putting on a great workshop though is making sure that the person conducting it is eminently knowledgeable in the subjects he or she is expected to cover.
EventWorx™ are the SHG speaking, workshops and educational and training programs for leaders and staff at all levels – that offers deeper and expanded opportunities to grow participants understanding and awareness of what it takes to build success.
How My Training Process Works
Why You Should Hire Me
Results I Can Help You Achieve
- Increased Productivity & Performance
- Develop Leadership Bench Strength
- Improve Employee Engagement
- Accelerate 1st-Time Manager Ramp-Up
- Address Critical Knowledge & Skill Gaps
- Improve Business Culture
- Lead Successful Change Initiatives
- Improve Leader Effectiveness & Impact
- Retain Top Talent
- Manage Growth
- Develop Self-Reliant Problem Solvers
- Increase Creativity & Innovation
- Build Trusting Relationships
- Create A Culture of Hospitality
- Boost Execution Capacity
- Improved Collaboration & Teamwork
Your Training Solution Options
I deliver informative, inspiring, and engaging face-to-face training programs that will address your leadership and talent development challenges and drive results for your business.Contact Me
Core Training Areas
My Top-of-the-House Programs are the innovative solution you want when you need to give your management team the best tools available so that they can execute at a much higher level than they ever have before.
TOH Management & Leadership Programs include:
- New Startups
- Operations Manuals
- Systems & Procedures
- P&L Audit/Calibration
- Accounting/Restaurant Chart of Accounts Creation
- One-On-One Coaching
- Management Audit
- Retail Sales
- Labor/Scheduling/Cost Controls
- Shift Management Plans
- Scheduling Guidelines
- Manpower Planning Process
- 90-Day Action Plans For Each Manager
- Cost-Control Dashboard
- R&M Schedule
- Much, much more.
Coaching Skills that Improve Productivity
Effective coaches have the potential to significantly increase their personal leadership impact and the productivity and effectiveness of those they coach.
By providing leaders with greater awareness and new frameworks for growing and developing others, leaders can create greater results and leave a profound legacy in their organizations.
The TOH Camp™ programs take a strength-based approach to improving coaching skills by focusing on what extraordinary coaches do well. Participants gain the critical coaching skills and tools they need to maximize their leadership effectiveness and coach others to perform at their peak. The outcome is more motivated, committed, and engaged employees.
TOH Camp™ helps leaders become better coaches by:
- understanding how great leaders coach others to high performance
- learning how to build trusting coaching relationships that inspire commitment
- utilizing 360-degree feedback to identify key coaching strengths
- learning how to hold powerful coaching conversations that drive action
- using on-the-spot peer coaching and SHG’s training approach to build an individual development plan
- Featuring a fresh, unique cross-training approach, TOH Camp is proven to drive employee productivity, commitment and performance.
- Leaders create a customized, actionable development plan that builds on their strengths, passions and the organization’s needs, providing a clear development road map for each individual to implement on the job.
My Back-of-House Programs offers some the most cutting edge Restaurant & Hospitality Culinary Programs available anywhere in the world. Most come with your choice of either a Coaching or Consulting option. This gives you the most flexibility in deciding which option suits your needs most effectively.
Back-of-the-House Culinary Programs include:
- Menu Development & Engineering
- Menu Pricing Strategies
- Systems & Procedures
- Inventory Management
- Cost Controls
- Staff Training Programs
- Vendor Relations & Programs
- Product Sourcing and Vendor Negotiations
- BOH Design
- Menu Design
FOHCUS™ is the Summers Hospitality Group® ultimate service coaching program that helps operators train and coach all front-of-the-house staff and managers on how to best engage with guests in order to build and deliver the best guest experience.
Guest satisfaction is directly related to positive interaction with your employees. Sales are directly related to the satisfaction a Guest has from the Guest experience. Period.
In today’s competitive market your advantage comes from your Guest’s belief that your employees want to meet and exceed their expectations. Providing world-class service is the key to increasing your profits.
Create service heroes of your employees. Only then will you have a workforce that anticipates the needs, wants and emotions of your Guests.
We can help you….
- Anticipate your Guests needs and wants in order to exceed their expectations.
- Bring “personality” to your organization by establishing a service theme and standards
- Design a delivery system that focuses on the employees, environment and processes that enhance quality service
- Create a service plan that integrates service standards and delivery systems that promotes world-class guest experiences and builds long-term, loyal guests.
The FOHCUS™ TRAINING program is based on our highly differentiating service attitudes:
- Guests demand a more personal and engaging relationship with your brand.
- Guests want to be treated as more than a transaction.
- They want their loyalty respected and rewarded appropriately.
- The service basics are no longer enough to satisfy the demands of today’s guests.
- Commodity service detracts from your ability to create and sustain both guest loyalty and a successful food service brand.
- Hospitality can be the deciding point of differentiation for your brand in every market.
- The only competition you really have is the quality of the last experience you gave each guest.
- You cannot deliver a greater level of hospitality than your staff & managers have ever experienced.
To this end, we have created a very specific and unique program that builds on your individual businesses talent, energy and passion for delivering the ultimate guest experience.This is not a templated or cookie-cutter program. FOHCUS™ TRAINING is created based on your individual operation’s strengths, weaknesses as well as your unique guest and market demands.
Who Can Benefit From FOHCUS™ TRAINING
This is the most powerful and intense hospitality staff & training program you will find anywhere and we customize it for any type of food-service venue:
- Fast Food
- Casual Full-service
- Fine Dining
- Hotel food service outlets
- Catering and Banquets
- …and more
The sponsoring organization is the key connection point to your local market. The sponsor promotes and arranges the elements necessary to host the course and SHG delivers a world-class professional development experience for your businesses’ clients.
- Generate Revenue for Your Organization.
Drive revenue for your organization by hosting an SHG event.
- Align With a Renowned Professional Development Brand
SHG has a world-renowned reputation for solid business practices based on the time-tested business insights of four decades of successful hospitality business creation.
- Strengthen Your Community Through Adaptable Business Insights
Business professionals participating in the course will be able to explore SHG insights and discover ways they could apply them to their own organization.
- Engage Local Businesses
Strengthen local partnerships to help promote your event.
- Leverage Turnkey Marketing and Promotional Tools
Access to professional marketing tools and public relations support to set your event up for success.
- Ongoing Value for Participants
As new SHG alumni, participants receive sustained support through a 6-month SHG Coaching program.
Past events have been hosted by:
- Ben. E. Keith
- Alliance Foodservice
- Ace Mart
- Kraft Foodservice
- Restaurant Depot
- many others…
- According to the Association for Talent Development (ATD), companies with standardized training programs have 218% higher productivity per employee than companies without formalized training.
- Workshop FAQs
I help operators become more successful by identifying where and how to build the most value. I assist them in growing store networks, localizing assortments, building omnichannel capabilities, launching new formats or improving cost positions, to name just a few.
I combine deep operational expertise with experience in all major categories and functional areas. I bring an external, practical perspective to business challenges and opportunities using proven tools and rigorous, fact-based analysis. I collaborate with clients to create the desired outcomes.