9+ Ways to Improve Employee Performance & Engagement
1. Hire the values you are looking for. Not experience.
2. Find out why employees are not performing and ask what you can do to help them do the best job. Better Coaching.
3. Tell employees what you expect. Focus on behaviors.
4. Give employees clear performance standards. Include “WII-FM” – ‘What’s In It For Me?’
5. Make sure that employees have the tools to do the job. World-class talent deserves world-class Coaching.
6. Get employees input on what behaviors they (the employees) should be engaged in. 200% rule.
7. Have employees come up with 10 “house values.”
8. Hire, train, coach, evaluate, and reward the values identified above.
9. Improve your feedback by dealing with the problems that are within an employee’s control, think through what you will say and how you will say it, and be specific about behaviors rather than attitudes.
9.2 Model the values you want your culture to reflect. Provide leadership.
9.3 Fire “C” and “D” players today. Eagles don’t want to soar with Turkeys.
9.4 Get rid of performance reviews. Begin to hold daily Coaching sessions with every employee.