How do you calculate a gross profit margin price?
Calculate a selling price by dividing the cost by 1 minus the profit margin percentage.
If a new product costs $70 and you want to keep the 40 percent profit margin, divide the $70 by 1 minus 40 percent – 0.40 in decimal. The $70 divided by 0.60 produces a price of $116.67.
Formula to calculate Selling price using Gross Margin
- Selling Price = Cost / (1-GM%)
- 40% Margin. For example, if your product costs $100 and the required gross margin is 40%, then your Selling Price = $100/(1-0.4) = $100/0.6 = $166.6.
HERE ARE FIVE WAYS I CAN HELP YOU START GROWING YOUR BUSINESS TODAY
1. Join my BizWorx™ Coaching program and start growing your business the very day you start. I help business leaders rapidly grow their businesses with sustainability. If this fast growth interests you, call me at 800-535-6651 and talk to me about your opportunity at no charge.
2. Engage me in a GrowthWorx™ Consulting Project and finally set your business on the road to rapid and sustainable growth.
3. Conduct an Onsite Review in order to create a blueprint for growing your business in the coming year.
4. Have me Facilitate A Strategy Session for your leadership team. Most of our clients now do this every 6 months and it has provided the needed focus and accountability necessary to achieve sustainable growth.
5. Have questions? Let’s Talk! Contact me to discuss your opportunity with no obligation to you for the first conversation.