"The growth of your business is directly related to your own personal growth."~ Jeffrey Summers, Founder|Principal Summers Hospitality Group
Should Community Marketing Include Public Relations?
An effective public relations program consists of regular, and consistent contact with the editorial community. Regular contact with the editors to keep them informed about the product, business and direction, keeps the business in the news and the brand top of mind with guests.
How Do You Execute Community Marketing Plans and Programs?
Community Marketing plans and programs must be coordinated among all stakeholders – owners/operators, managers, employees and even guests. Determining their needs and ability to execute as well as timing and support, is crucial to success with Community Marketing. The Community Marketing efforts should not burden the business, but support it. Many marketing efforts do not include this crucial role of operations, and the best plans and programs never see the light of day.
If Community Marketing Is So Great, Why Doesn’t Every Business Utilize It?
Community Marketing is challenging. In fact, most agencies do not offer this service to its clients because it is difficult to execute and is a long term project that requires a great deal of effort and coordination. It takes on-going commitment, creativity, and lots of work. However, the best part of Community Marketing is its rewards. Community Marketing can make such an impact on a community and drive sales, frequency, loyalty and awareness, that it can eliminate the need for other forms of advertising expenditures.
You Need To Get Your Community Marketing Efforts Started Now
To get particular locations sales to grow and to generate awareness, a Community Marketing plan needs to be developed for all locations or trade areas.Objectives:
- Determine each location’s need..
- Research areas and locations for plan development.
- Meet with GM’s, franchisees, area managers to determine what has worked in the past, and gather information regarding trade area, customer profile, etc.
- Create a test area of businesses to test programs with strong management teams.
- Provide feedback from test locations.
- Develop specific Community Marketing tactics for each business and their trade area.
- Put together a communications plan for business and work with management team to plan and communicate particular events to staff and community.
- Provide training for execution and implementation of programs.
- Execute Community Marketing plans per business and area.
- Evaluate outcomes and determine next steps.
- Provide feedback and analysis of outcomes.
What I Do To Help You Build A Better Business